Saturday, 8 July 2017

Life is a journey

A couple of days ago I saw this boy on ebay so I made a bid, not expecting for one minute that I would win because, as all collectors know, it is the last few seconds of an auction that count :) 
Minutes later I clicked on to Ginger's blog and read the extremely sad post about the loss of her step son Lance recently. After leaving a comment I went back on to ebay to find that I was the only bid and that I had won....
What to call this 1975 boy...well, there was only one choice really ( and I do hope Ginger won't mind) it was LANCE.
Thirty eight years ago I lost identical twin boys. They were born too early and lived for only six hours. After coming home empty handed from hospital to a nursery full of baby things, we decided to foster, to give the love we had to another baby for a while. We fostered a little African boy named ...Lance. It was very difficult all those years ago, people couldn't accept a young white girl pushing a pram with a black baby in it. I lived in a nice area but even so, I was called names and spat at, at times. So in memory of the baby boy I looked after until his mum could cope with him again and in memory of Ginger's boy  I would like to introduce to you Lance.
Thinking of you and your family Ginger and sending you all much love xx

13 comments:

  1. What a charming and thoughtful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello K! Ginger's sad news has been on my mind for the last few days. I am a bad person,as I promised I had a post planned for you... I will rectify this tomorrow...
      Hope things are okay with you xx

      Delete
  2. He's a very handsome lad, and Lance is a beautiful name. I think healing doesn't come from forgetting our hurt and pain, but rather finding the beauty in it - if that makes any sense at all.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is beautifully put Steve x
      And on a Sasha note...he isn't as gorgeous as your boy Bowie...well, that is what Rebel thinks anyway :)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful and touching story about a brave young girl. There really is no such things as "the good old days". The connection of the name Lance is nothing short of amazing and your decision to call this boy by the same name is not only meaningful but also deeply thoughtful. I think this new boy is a nice way to remember this story. Thank you for sharing something so personal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww! Jesse...you are making me blush...many thanks for your lovely comment x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ronny your strength shines through. Some people in this world are givers and some takers. You sit firmly in the giver family.
    I am sure the little boy Lance received much need love until he could return to his mum and you had much ready to give.
    And this new Lance in remembrance of the little Lance from long ago and Ginger's stepson, lost too early, is a beautiful thought from a truly beautiful person. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry...is this comment from Dee in the village...you know the one who always makes fun of me and calls me the 'Ice Queen', who spends hours making up witty poems about my meanness to Sasha dolls, the one who calls me 'Simples'.....just checking...can I have the old mean Dee back please...I can't get used to her being kind :)

      Delete
    2. Don't worry it won't last.... ;) xx

      Delete
    3. Phew! That's a relief! You have obviously had too much sun!!

      Delete
  6. Oh my Ronny, I have just read this beautiful post and I have read it to Rick and showed him your photos. We are both struggling to find the words to thank you for your kindness and generosity of spirit. We are deeply touched and are honored to have your new boy named Lance. Thank you too for sharing your heart-felt story of love and loss and the special boy named Lance that graced your life. You are a remarkable lady and a wonderful friend. You are helping me to re-enter the world again. Thank you dear Ronny. ❤️xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I only wish I could do more. If I could take away your pain I would do so,without hesitation, in a heartbeat. I haven't thought about much else since hearing about your Lance and I am sending you all my love and thoughts. If you ever need to chat Dee knows my email address. I am here for you if you need a shoulder to cry on. I am not remarkable, I wish I was :) YOU and your family are the remarkable ones...together you are stronger than you think xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful and heartfelt post. Thank you Ronny, for sharing this with us. Biggest hugs. xxx

    ReplyDelete